I cannot believe it is the 21st already! We have had Jack since the 19th. All is well. He is beautiful and tiny! He is walking, but not talking. He smiles, laughs, and screams! He sleeps great. All is well!
Marney is being an absolute delight! He actually prefers her which is not a great surprise to me.
I am having difficulty getting computer time as neither really wants to entertain themselves; for some reason they need me to watch them play!
Marney and I did get to visit Hanchuan before we came to Chongqing. It was a wonderful visit. Marney was clearly nervous because all she wanted to talk about was her birthday party which is not until November! Her nanny is still there and we did get to see her. I must say that I was surprised and disappointed that she did not get emotional about seeing Marney. I got emotional about seeing her! She hardly seemed to remember her and, of course, Marney the same. That dispelled my fears that she might have been her mother. As much as I would like to have answers for my children when they start asking about their birthmothers, I just didn't want to have taken her from her.
While here, I have had news that a very dear friend from Aspen has passed away from cancer. I did not know he was ill; a colleague of mine from the school district has died; and my favorite aunt has gone home as well. It is kind of hard to be on the other side of the world when the news arrives. I am so ready to be home and hug my other children.
This has been so very hard. I have never been away from the kids this long. I still feel it was important to add the extra time for Marney, but now we have done that, we have Jack--I want to be home. Darn all the paperwork that still lies ahead!
1 comment:
Nancy-
I am glad that all is well with Jack and I am so sorry to hear about your sad news. That is very tough to be this far away and have this kind of news. I cannot imagine being away from my kids this long - but, it is almost over...less than a week now. I am ready to go home too. I am looking forward to seeing you and Marney and Jack in Guangzhou. We get there around noon on Tuesday. Alaina is showing us what kind of screamer she can be - very bad temper and very loud screamer..the first couple of days were just the honeymoon....
My thoughts are with you,
Brenda
Post a Comment