Friday, September 01, 2006

THE TRIP!


The picture is Race for the Cure in Pittsburgh, PA, in May 2006 placed in the blog as a diversion from all the text.

On September 14 we are visiting Tian An Men Square and the Forbidden City and will see an acrobatic show

15th Great Wall and Summer Palace

16th van trip to Wuqing to visit the Hands of Hope Wall. I requested that we spend the day there after I realized that we could volunteer. It is located at the Philip Hayden Foundation. I started out just wanting to go and photograph the tile that I bought for Marney. While clicking through the site looking for a contact, I realized that this could be a great opportunity for us to spend some time with some children so I emailed the director and asked about volunteering. I am pretty excited about it.

17th we fly to Wuhan, the city where I first met Marney

18th we go by van to Hanchuan and fly that night to Chongqing--that doesn't give us much time where Marney was born and I am going a day earlier than my agency suggested.

The afternoon of the 19th we get Jack!

25th fly to Guangzhou

Our consulate appointment is the 27th

On the 28th we fly back to Beijing and fly out of there on the 29th

2 comments:

Paulette said...

I am so excited for all of you. 1 week to go and you will be there. Can't wait to come along do you have a laptop? Will you be posting from China? Can't wait to meet Jack.

Paulette said...

PS check out the post I put up on my blog.