Thursday, September 14, 2006

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! WE ARE IN CHINA!!!!

Marney has asked me to quit saying it! I don't think that this whole adoption has really seemed real to me. I cannot really believe that I am going to be blessed one more time! and yet here we are!

It is so very cool to be in China with Marney. Oh my! It makes me want to start planning our Russia trip for Tracy and Sam. It is just so cool to watch her see China! She has come from, "They don't even speak my language." to "China is really beautiful!" in such a short time.

I told her at breakfast this morning that I want her to be an international business woman and speak many languages and travel the world taking me with her!

That said, we are suffering from jetlag!

The Great Wall was phenomenal! All that I read and watched through Virtual Tours on the Internet just did not do justice to the awe that I felt being there. We did climb higher than anyone in our group and Marney just wanted to keep going, but we were limited by the time frame given to us by our coordinator. Bummer!

Marney and I are missing Tracy and Sam terribly! I knew that we would, but Marney cannot stop asking me, "What are Tracy and Sam doing now?" We are 12 hours difference in time so it is fairly easy to predict. Except for the fact that I keep forgetting what day it is!

More touring today. I am anxious to get to the Phillip Hayden Foundation on Saturday, Marney's orphanage on Monday, and Jack on Tuesday!

More later!

1 comment:

Paulette said...

I have been thinking about you and Marney and so glad you have made it. Enjoy every minute. I can't wait to hear about what Marney thinks about her old home. And of cource Jack Tue can't wait.