Friday, April 23, 2010

I feel like a WINNER!.






For those of you who haven't seen me for a while, I gained a little weight since I retired. Well, if you can call 30 lbs. a little weight! I think I morphed into a different body while I wasn't paying attention. It wasn't until I was at the doctor's in December for a sinus infection and he was recording his notes and he referred to "a 150 lb. woman" and I thought, "150! Who is that? I weigh 120 lbs." Ahh!

I signed up for the Body Balance Diet by Myrna Lynn, one of my mentors in Melaleuca, entered the VFL.com diet challenge with Melaleuca, and joined the Biggest Loser at my local gym, Alexander's and proceeded to lose 26.5 pounds in 12 weeks. I wasn't the Biggest Loser, my teammate Tammy took that honor by losing over 50 pounds, but together with a couple of other amazing women our team came in first (by one pound)! A lot of weight was lost at our gym in 12 weeks.

I am keeping the pictures around so I remember to pay attention to myself. I am the only parent my kids have and I need to stay healthy. Praise God, I am doing it!

3 comments:

Paulette said...

Way to go girl you look great! That’s some weight. I too am in a Biggest Losers contest. I'm down 12lb since Jan not the winner but I too fell so much better.

Nancy said...

Yes! Good for you, Paulette! It does feel good doesn't it?

Unknown said...

Wow! That's awesome! Congrats!