We started out our day at Chuck E. Cheese in Ohio very late as I got lost and then the traffic due to a combination of construction and Black Friday was horrendous! I had to call and get further directions and to assure them that we were still coming. The hostess greeted us with, "We only hold the table for 30 minutes; you are too late!" Excuse me! Too late for my son's birthday party! The place was empty! They had 3 small parties set up and ours was one of them. But she had sent our hostess home. I told her that I had paid a deposit to hold the table and that I had called and that we had no intention of going back to Pennsylvania without a party. She said she would check on things . . . I meantime assured the kids that we were staying. She came back and said she had called the hostess back in. The hostess came, she was a delightful young woman who treated us kindly, all was well, until . . . as I was waiting to pay the bill and the kids were finishing up their tokens, Jack fell and got a nasty gash which utimately ended with a trip to the ER and 3 stitches! Guess what? They comped us the party and gave him a stuffed animal! I would much rather have paid for the party and skipped the ER. Tracy was jealous that Jack got a stuffed animal! Sheez!
Tracy collecting as many tickets as possible for the elusive big prizes!

1 comment:
woo hoo free party, you know how to work all the angles, tell the truth, you gave poor little Jack a strategic push? such a frugal mom, she said with tongue planted firmly in cheek.
Well, rocky start, great middle, dramatic finish, he'll remember this one for a long time.
Marji
Post a Comment